Home and Building Designers, Shipping & Cargo Container Homes and Home Designs
Why Do Shipping Containers Make Good Homes & Buildings?
More Shipping Container Home Information
- Container material resists wind, rain, salt, typhoons, extreme weight, tornadoes,
hurricanes and even earthquakes.
- Made from a special stronger steel named Corten steel that won't rust or corrode
- Mold resistant
- The Corten steel is used inside and out and is also stronger than normal steel
- A 1.24" plywood floor made of hardwood. Either teak, birch, or keruing laminates to withstand tons of internal weight
- Extremely adaptive to the most efficient insulation materials
- Containers also known as ISBU (Inter-modal Steel Building Unit), ISO shipping container, conex box, container, or cargo container
- Shipping container construction has become popular for not only homes,
but for offices, hotels, student housing, safe rooms, and emergency shelters.
My name is Larry Pokras. I am the owner of LNP DESIGNS...
I am taking the huge surplus of shipping containers left by China
and Korea on our shores and using them for housing.
I will be turning these containers into unique homes with a
progressive modern style... will you join me..?
The U.S. has to be the leader now... we need to be a country
that is resourceful and good to the environment...
The typical price for a Modern Home of 2 containers is only $65,000
without land price only construction and design.
- Numerous Awards for Trade Show Designs
- Designed largest cell phone store in Las Vegas "The Ultimate Wireless Store"
- Designed US Post Office in Penesquitos California
New School of Architecture, San Diego CA
2 Years at Southern California Institute of Architecture