SOUTHEASTERN OHIO - LOG HOME DREAM
Log Home with 31 acres bordering 3,000 acres of Burr Oak State Park.
This Custom 3 bedroom, 3 bath, Quality Built Log Home is located in the heavily forested, rolling hills of Southern Ohio on 31 private, scenic acres, bordering over 3,000 acres of Burr Oak State Park and within 1/4 mi. of Wayne National Forest. With a gated entrance and winding drive, the home is ideally situated to enjoy a variety of wildlife. The log home's numerous windows and covered porches extends the pleasure of the views and the critters through out the entire year..
The park offers a variety of recreational activities with: 28 miles of Hiking Trails, a 664 acre lake (one of Ohio's best Large Mouth Bass Lakes), marinas, beach, and hunting opportunities for Turkey, and Trophy White Tail Deer, plus a golf course and horse trails nearby.
This area, popular, not just for weekend retreats, but retirement living as well is Located 1 1/4 hrs. drive from Columbus, Ohio, 22 miles from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, 18 miles from Hocking College, Nelsonville, Ohio. 30 miles from Zanesville, Ohio and within 4 miles of two smaller villages. Property is in Morgan County and borders Athens and Perry Counties. An easy drive to Hocking Hills, and Logan, Ohio.
This Well Designed, Open Concept Home, was Professionally Built in 1998 with White Pine "D"shaped Logs creating attractive, smooth, flat, interior walls.
Additional Features include:
Square Footage (more or less):
- Spacious rooms with an abundance of light
- Great Room with Loft
- Kitchen / Dinning Rm., Appliances included
- Tongue & Grooved Cathedral Ceilings
- First Floor Master Bedroom and Bath
- 2 - Second Floor Bedrooms, Loft and Bath
- 3 - Bathrooms
- 2 - Laundries: 1-1st floor, 1-basement
- Hardwood Floors, Tile and Carpet
- Total of 6 Hunter Ceiling Fans with lights
- 6 Panel Knotty Pine Interior Doors
- 2 Covered Porches w/ cedar decks
- Ample Storage throughout
- Walk-in Closets
- Walk In / Drive In Basement - Garage & Shop
- Ceiling Insulation - 38 R-Factor
- Natural Gas Forced Air Furnace
- Central Air
- City Water
- Energy Efficient
- Wiring: 200 amp box with 40 outlets.
- Box is wired for auxiliary power supply
- 8" Poured basement walls with brick pattern
- RV parking/storage
- Back up generator (Generac 16KW Natural Gas)
Total Area: 3420 sq. ft.,
House: above ground 2100 + sq. ft.,
Basement: 1320 sq. ft.
The Detached, Three Bay Garage/Workshop is 32' x 56' with: gas, electric and water.
View Larger Map